Family Child Care (FCC) is dedicated to providing a nurturing environment in the warmth and comfort of a family setting.
FCC certified homes are located in APG housing and off post in Harford County (Aberdeen, Edgewood, Havre de Grace, Bel Air, Abingdon).
The FCC program offers flexible care options: full-time, extended hours, part-time, hourly, PT care, and main-streamed special needs care. Subsidy is also available for income eligible patrons.
FCC homes offer:
- Reliable, loving and responsive care in a safe family environment
- Small group care with a 1:6 ratio
- Bilingual capabilities
- Full and part-time care, PT care, before- and after-school care, hourly care
- Special services include: 24-hour care, long-term care, evening and weekend care for mission-related exercises
FCC providers complete an intensive screening process undergoing background checks and comprehensive trainings which include CPR and First Aid certification, Sanitation and Food Handling, Safety and Fire Emergency Procedures, SIDS, Child Abuse Awareness, Nutrition and more.
To find out how to become part of our FCC family please call 410-278-7477/7140.
Interested in becoming a Family Child Care Provider? FCC is Looking for YOU!!
Advantages to becoming an FCC provider:
- FCC Providers are part of a world wide web of mobile professionals.
- Trainings are transferable to other Military installations and to other positions within Child Youth and School Services.
- Earn income upwards of $3,000 a month while staying at home with your own children.
- Have a business and be your own boss while following DA regulations.
- Receive free ongoing trainings including CPR and First Aid, Sanitation, Nutrition, and more!
- Have access to the FCC Lending Resource Library for all toys and equipment necessary to furnish and open an FCC home.
- Create a loving atmosphere for children who cannot be with their parents during the day.
If interested in learning more about our Family Child Care Program, please call 410-278-7477/7140.