MWR Information Services Office Web site is provided as a public service.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY NOTICE
- MWR Information Services Office Web site is provided as a public service.
- Information presented on the MWR Web site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, INFORMATION IS COLLECTED for statistical purposes. This government website uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government website employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and site input forms (used on a strictly volunteer basis), no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- If you have any question or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the MWR Marketing Office.
Your IP Address
Like most e-commerce websites, each time you visit the Site, we automatically collect your IP address and the web page from which you came. In order to administer and optimize the Site for you and to diagnose problems with our Site, we use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
Information We Collect From You
In order to operate the Site, conduct contests, provide the best services possible and provide you with information on products and services that may be of interest to you, we may ask to collect personal information (i.e. information that could be used to contact you such as full name, postal address, phone number and email address), and demographic information (zip code, hometown, gender and age) from you.
The secure area of our site uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to protect your billing information. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts information and keeps the data private and confidential between your machine and APG MWR. This technology makes it safe to transmit your credit card number over the Internet. Look for two security icons, the "s" after "http" in the address line and the lock in the top menu bar and bottom status bar of your browser in Netscape or in the bottom status bar only in Internet Explorer.
Information Other Web Sites Collect From You
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to help us efficiently perform transactions on the Site, to deliver the services & information you have requested (including reply confirmations or feedback), or to contact you when a response is necessary. We DO NOT give any personal information to third parties. The Site provides you with the option of declining to receive offers from APG MWR by "opting-out" of receiving this type of communication. In connection with events for which you have participated in on the Site (including reply confirmations, feedback, sweepstakes and promotional offers), to send you information, offers and other promotional materials from APG MWR we may contact you via one of the ways provided from you from these events. We send only the information you have selected that are of value to you, such as discounts, exclusive offers or special event information.
You may be required to provide certain information to us so that you are able to participate in an online event (such as sweepstakes and promotional contests), consenting (i.e., you opt-in) to receive communications (such as emails), from APG MWR.
We may also disclose specific information when we determine that such disclosure is necessary to comply with law, to cooperate with law enforcement or to protect the interests or safety of APG MWR or other visitors to the Site or users of services or products provided by APG MWR.