- Office Location: Bldg 2184
- Phones: 410-278-4124
- DSN: 298-4124
- Email: Email Outdoor Rec.
- ODR Office Schedule:
ODR Winter Hours (Oct-Mar): Mon-Fri: 10 am - 4 pm Sat, Sun & Holidays: CLOSED Note: CLOSED first Wed of every month. ODR Summer Hours (Apr-Sep): Mon: 8 am - 4 pm Tue-Thu: 10 am - 4 pm Fri: 8 am - 5 pm Sat, Sun & Holidays: CLOSED
Welcome to the Aberdeen Proving Ground Hunting Program
The Outdoor Recreation Department invites you to view the following links below for information on Hunter's Safety Classes, the Maryland State Hunting and Trapping Guide, and the APG Hunting Brochure. In addition, make sure to explore the helpful topics about hunting at Aberdeen Proving Ground further down on the page.
Where to Purchase an APG Hunting Permit
Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Outdoor Recreation Bldg 2184
Who is Eligible to Hunt on Aberdeen Proving Ground?
Click here for Table 7-1 of the MWR Patronage Authorizations
Hunting Permit Registration
APG Hunting Permit
APG Hunting Permit Pricing
APG Hunting Permit Purchase Checklist - everything you need to have with you when coming to purchase a permit.
Firearm Registration Form
Hunting Contractor Form
APG Hunting Classes:
Must have a minimum of FIVE participants to have the class.To register call/email ODR with: name, phone number, and email.
- Hunter in Charge Class: Dec 13, 2017: 5 p.m., AA Hunting Management Facility
- Hunter in Charge Tour: Dec 16, 2017: 8 a.m., AA Hunting Management Facility
All hunters at APG are required to hunt with at least one other person. Under no circumstance will hunters be in the field alone. In addition, there will be at least one person who has a Hunter-In-Charge status in each hunting party.
To obtain Hunter-In-Charge status you must first fall under one of the categories for MWR Patronage. Click here for Table 7-1 of the MWR Patronage Authorizations
You must ALSO meet the following requirements:
- Proof of hunting eight (8) times at APG by either accompanying another Hunter-In-Charge or signing up to hunt on an MWR escorted hunt.
- Attend the MWR hunting tour/class, which is offered once a month (depending on number of requests)
- Completed Hunter-In-Charge Application Form
In order to obtain an area to Hunt you must use Hunt Trac. You must be a HIC to use Hunt Trac.
How to use APG's Hunt Trac system: Hunt Trac Instructions
Codes for Archery Areas
Form 1249 – To be used for all Blind Draw/Hard Card Submissions.(Area 12, 335,376. Must also be placed in windshield when hunting and returned to the deer shack at the end of your hunt.
Archery & Shotgun Proficiency Qualifications
- Archery -All qualifications are by appointment only, please call: 410-278-4124 or Email Outdoor Rec.
- Shotgun - Tues & Thurs from 3-7 p.m. (between rounds) at the Skeet Range in EA (Bldg E4737).