- Office Location: Bldg 2184
- Phones: 410-278-4124
- DSN: 298-4124
- Email: Email Outdoor Rec.
- ODR Office Schedule:
ODR Winter Hours (Oct-Mar): Mon-Fri: 10 am - 4 pm Sat, Sun & Holidays: CLOSED Note: CLOSED first Wed of every month. ODR Summer Hours (Apr-Sep): Mon: 8 am - 4 pm Tue-Thu: 10 am - 4 pm Fri: 8 am - 5 pm Sat, Sun & Holidays: CLOSED
- Registration Period: Oct 1 to Sep 30
- Applications for upcoming registration are accepted beginning Sep 1, in eligibility priority order.
- Once space is confirmed, payment is due Oct 1.
Fall/Winter: Oct 1-Mar 30
Spring/Summer: Apr 1-Sep 30
Boat Owners: Hurricane Preparation Instructions
In order to you use APG Boat Ramps:
- Take the Boaters Orientation Course (below), and print the certificate.
- Bring to the Outdoor Recreation Service Center:
- Boaters Orientation Course Certificate
- Your Proof of Eligibility
- You Boat’s ID Card
- Your Trailer's Registration
- You will then receive a Boat Launch Sticker.
Must be viewed by all eligible MWR patrons using the waters of APG
- Increases awareness of navigating in APG waters
- Provides tips on courtesy boating
To view the course, click above graphic then go to your Certificate of Completion when you have completed the course.
The Certificate of Completion, allows you to fill in your name, date. Print it and sign it, and bring it to ODR at Building 2184.
Anyone born on or after July 1, 1972, must have a Certificate of Boating Safety Education to operate a boat or personal watercraft (PWC). Those under 16 who are operating a motorized boat 11 feet or more and do not have a valid Certificate of Boating Safety Education must be supervised by someone at least 18. Those younger than 16 may not operate a PWC, even with a Certificate.
Offering convenient and affordable boat storage on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay to all eligible patrons!
Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) was established in 1917 and consists of approximately 70,000 acres. This encompasses approximately 39,000 acres of land and approximately 40,000 acres of tidal waters. APG is located along the upper Chesapeake Bay shorelines in Harford County and portions of Baltimore County.
Spesutie Island Marina is located in the Aberdeen Area on Woodpecker Road. The clubhouse is Building 36. To get to Spesutie Island Marina, take Route 40 to the 715 Gate (Maryland Blvd.). Merge right onto Aberdeen Blvd. Turn left onto Tower Road. Turn right onto Hopkins Road. At the stop sign make a left turn onto Spesutie Island Road. Spesutie Island Marina offers outdoor storage for 70 boats, inside storage for 90 boats in two different locations, moorings for 36 boats up to 30 foot, wet slips for 36 boats, and a launch ramp for small boats.
Gunpowder Neck Marina is located in the Edgewood area in the E2100 Block. To get to Gunpowder Neck Marina, follow Route 24 into the main entrance (Hoadley Road). At the first stop light, turn left onto Magnolia Road. Make a left onto Bush River Road. Turn left onto 20th Street. The entrance to the marina is at the end of the road. Gunpowder Neck Marina offers outdoor storage space for 90 boats, inside storage for 70 boats, wet slips for 108 boats up to 40 foot, a launch ramp for small boats, a 20 ton travel lift, a pavilion and play ground and marina gas.
APG Boat Ramps:
- Swan Creek Boat Ramp (Aberdeen) in the 2000 Block off of School Street
- Spesutie Island Marina (Aberdeen) Bldg.36, Spesutie Island Rd.
- Gunpowder Neck Marina (Edgewood) Bldg.E2171 located off of 21st Street
- Skipper's Point Campground (Edgewood) Bldg.1470
- T-Dock (Edgewood) located on Hoadley Road in the E4700 Block
Outdoor Recreation: 410-278-4124/5789/2134/2135
After Hours Line: 443-909-6187
Police & Fire: 410-436-2222 (EA)